Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 5 ~My Definition of Love~


Blue eyes- that's my definition of love.  I will never forget that first moment after I brought my daughter into this world- I looked down and saw the most beautiful blue eyes.  I've seen these blue eyes before- my husband has the very same ones. These two are the embodiment of love for me.  

My husband and I have had our rough times.  However, we've worked through those moments and grown closer together because of it.  That's what makes us soul mates.  I was just talking with a friend today about the concept of there only being one person out there for you.  I really believe that there is only one person out there for me, and I'm married to him.  He's my soul mate and my best friend.  We are different, we drive each other crazy, but we're meant to be together.  I know people grow and change, but we work to grow and change together, that's what makes us the couple that we are.  I love him.  The End.  Cue Happy Ending Music.  =)

My daughter has been the love of my life since I first looked into those gorgeous blue eyes.  Every day she does something new to make me love her more.  It's really a concept that can't be understood until you're a parent, because I certainly couldn't fathom it before she was born.  There are times that she screams and yells and generally tries my nerves, but I still love her.  She is the only person in the world I'm really patient for, and that's a huge accomplishment for me (I'm not a patient person!).  It melts my heart when she walks over, holds her arms out to ask for a hug, wraps her arms around me, and then wanders off to play again.  She's beautiful, she's smart, she's funny, she's my love, my light, and my daughter.  I love her!!




No comments:

Post a Comment